Sunday, April 08, 2012

Easter Sunday

Today was Easter and just like the 3 years before we spent the day at Peyton and Bobbie's house.  They always do such a great job hosting this holiday.  The kids have so much fun.  This year was the first year where the kids just played on their own and with their cousins.  Neil and I just sat and visited and didn't have to chase them around the entire time.  So enjoyable!

When we arrived Mary wasted no time joining the ladies on the tire swing. 


This place is like Disney to a 3 and 5 year old.  All the cousins play so well together...



It's so cool to see her hanging with the big girls...


Tyrus played too, but he did save time to devour a giant piece of cake...


I can't believe how big he's getting...



Here's the lady getting practicing her running for the big hunt...


This one is one of my favorites of the two of them...



Sweet Kateyln...


Katelyn and Mitchell.  Something about Katelyn reminds me of Mary.  To me, there is something about their smiles and their hair...


Mitchell is such a sweet older cousin.  He really does enjoy the babies of the family...


All the kids getting ready for the hunt...


Aunt Bobbie telling the kids that there are about 600 eggs...


And she's off...


I would get out of her way if I were you...




Mitchell didn't hunt eggs for himself.  He helped my kids get their 3rd basket of eggs...


See how much they love him...


The result...


Uncle Joel loves the kids too.  Here he is seeing if Tyrus has a pair of the fake candy teeth in his basket...


And here he is putting them in Ty's mouth...



Sweetest lady.  Now, scroll up and look at the picture of Katelyn.  You may see what I see...


After the hunt I looked over and saw Adriene and Mary chatting.  She is such a great Aunt...


I have no idea...



This is a picture that Adriene and Mrs. Tingle had taken of the kids a few days before.  Mary's tude totally cracks me up...


And she finished the day on the tire swing...



This was a great Easter, but I had to work so hard to hide my emotions.  In fact, I cried on the way home, with the kids in the back seat.  The first thing I usually would have done was called Mom to tell her how much fun the kids had.  When I took the picture of the kids on the bench it crossed my mind, for a split second, that Mom was going to love that one.  Then it hit me and it took my breath away for a second.  This was my first Holiday without her and it was so hard.  When I started crying on the way home the kids asked me what was wrong.  I said, "Mama is just sad guys."  Mary asked me why I was sad and Tyrus said, "Mary, she misses Mom." 

No comments: