Friday, March 30, 2012

Easter At School

Today is Friday and since next week is Spring Break both kids had exciting parties at school.  They were both decked out in their Easter gear so I had to get a picture.  Mary is such a little Diva...

 


When we got to Mary's school she instructed me to take her picture standing outside of the car with her sunglasses on...


Since both kids had parties on the same day I had to choose which party to attend.  I decided to attend T's again.  I got to the school at 10:00 and headed back to his class.  Right as I was looking at his class bulletin board his teacher walked out and told me to hold on so that I could take a picture of the inspiration behind the bulletin board with it.  Can you guess why he inspired it?


She also told me that she has to encourage T to write about something other than Tornadoes. :)  I think it's so cute that he loves them so much and is so interested in them.  I also saw this, which was a great surprise...


His class...all 13 of them...



The first thing they did was go outside for the egg hunt...


Instead of just throwing a bunch of eggs out in the grass the teachers decided to make it educational.  They assigned each kid 5 sight words and then wrote the words on the plastic egg.  That way each kid had to find their sight words.  It helped them identify their words and prevented one kid from getting all the eggs.  Here are Tyrus and Carson comparing their words...


And there they go...




A few minutes into the hunt a 4th grade class came out.  Ty's teacher told me that the class is their "Reading Buddies".  Ty's buddy is named Trey (red shirt below).  He helped Tyrus find some of his eggs.  They work with their reading buddies each week.  The little ones think they are cool because they have an older friend and the older ones think they are special to be helping the little ones.  Everyone is happy.



Here is Carson making sure he got all of his eggs...


And my sweetheart doing the same.  He is so smart...


After the hunt Ms. Reagan had a little surprise for the kids.  Here they are waiting...


And here is the surprise!!  Baby chicks and ducks...


T was in heaven.  All the kids were trying to get them to walk over to them.  The poor babies were terrified...


Tyrus was so gentle and just put his hand out until one walked over to it...





This picture just makes my heart melt.  Is it just me or does he look like me just a little bit? :)...



Back in the class...


And my least favorite part, and part of the reason I hate going to things like this, this is what I see when I leave...


T was so upset that I had to leave and that he couldn't go with me.  It breaks my heart, but his teacher emailed and said that he was fine 30 seconds after I left.  The kid knows how to work it.

No comments: