Monday, September 12, 2011

Tyrus Goes To Florida - Take 2

Well, this is Ty's second big boy trip to Grandma and Grandpa's house. Like last time, I call and check in periodically and I will keep little notes so that he can remember his days at the beach when he's old enough to read this blog. He is already playing the little game where he will not talk to me when I call. :( Mama says that he likes the attention. I miss him so much already. I know that he is having the time of his life, but when I woke up this morning and saw that his bedroom door was open my heart broke a little bit. Anyways, on with the play by play...

Monday, September 12, 2011, 11:15 a.m.: I called Mama to check in at 8:45 this morning and you were all still asleep. You slept with Grandpa and Missy. Grandpa has to put a pillow in between the two of you so that you won't move over in the middle of the night and end up on top of Grandpa. When I spoke to Mama at 11:15 she said that the two of you were up when I called this morning, but you were back there watching cartoons and petting Missy. When you finally got up you had a bowl of Cheerios and then asked for another one. Grandma said that you ate the second bowl and then asked for a turkey sandwich. She made you half a sandwich and you ate every bite. When I called, and you heard the phone ring, you automatically said, "I'm busy" because you knew it was me and you knew that I would want to talk. You were sitting at the table watching Ghost busters and playing with some coasters. Grandma said that you hadn't planned out your day yet, but that you would probably do something later this afternoon because it is too hot to be outside.

5:00 p.m.: I called to check in on my way to get Mary today. You actually talked to me! I know you are a big boy now, but you still sound so little when I hear your voice on the other end of the phone. You, Grandma, and Grandpa were making cheeseburgers on the grill, but you still told me that you were hungry. Grandma wasn't going to take you to the beach today, but she could tell you were getting bored so she took you anyway. She said that y'all went to the beach, then the pool, then the beach, then the pool again. She felt a little sorry for you because there weren't any other kids there and you were playing by yourself.

7:30 p.m.: When I got home with Mary she found your cup of candy from Great Wolf Lodge and I told her she could have one piece. She then insisted on calling you and telling you that she ate one piece of your candy. She told you over and over again, but I don't think you understood her, thank goodness! You were very sweet and told her that she left her butterfly seashells and her bucket at Grandma's house, but that you would bring them home to her. I think y'all were in for the night, but Grandpa said that y'all may do a little "night walking" later on. I can't wait to call in the morning and see if you did.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011, 9:50 a.m.: I talked to Grandma and she said that you and Grandpa were just getting out of bed. She said that the two of you were just in bed watching cartoons and had finally decided to get up. You got about 11 hours of sleep last night. Grandma said that you were VERY whiny yesterday and she couldn't get you to stop whining. She is hoping that you were just tired. Y'all are going to spend the morning at home and then go to the sand pile later. You ended up not going "night walking" last night because you seemed really tired. Grandma said that you spent a lot of time with Grandpa just watching cartoons in bed last night. You finally went to sleep so Grandma went to sleep too. At midnight Grandpa woke her up asking her if she knew where the remote was. He was ready to turn the T.V. off and the only way to reach it is with the remote because it is on the wall. Grandma told him that it should be on the bed. So, they looked all over the room and all over you and you never even moved. Grandma finally had to get the ladder to turn the T.V. off! Anyways, this morning you found the remote...under your pillow. :)

5:00 p.m.: I called on my way to get Mary and you and Grandma were at the sand pile. Said you would call me back.

7:45 p.m.: I called and Grandma answered. You were already in the bed with Grandpa watching cartoons. Grandma said that you had a great day today and that you must have just been tired on Monday. You spent about 4 hours at the sand pile and you think you may have stepped on a jellyfish. I talked to you and asked you if it hurt, but you said that you couldn't even see it. When I picked Mary up this afternoon she asked if we could go get you. She is loving having Mama and Daddy to herself, but she talks about you a lot and I think she really does miss you. She and I had dinner with Mom tonight. Mom told her to pick out something in the gift shop and the only thing that Mary wanted, after 15 minutes of looking, was a toy car that had candy in it that cost $1.50. She reminds me so much of you now. I'm not sure why, but I miss you more this trip then I did when you went down there the first time. I can't wait for you to get home so that I can get my arms around you.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011: Yesterday you and Grandpa slept in a little. Grandma said that she was awake in bed and you and Grandpa came in to wake her up. You mostly hung out around the house in the morning. In the afternoon you went out with Grandpa for a few hours. Grandpa needed a haircut and you wanted to go with him. Grandpa also took you to the dollar store and bought you some toys (When I talked to Grandma at 7:00 she said that most of them had already broken). You and Grandpa also rented 3 movies and when I was speaking to Grandma you and he were in the bed watching War Of The Worlds. She said that it was almost over and that Grandpa may take you up to the beach before it got too dark. Grandma made pork chops and black eyed peas for dinner and said you ate every bite on your plate and then came over to her plate and took a piece of pork chop! I guess I need to buy some pork chops (yuck!). I didn't actually talk to you yesterday :(. But, I get to see you and hold you on Friday!! We miss you Tyrus!

Thursday, September 15, 2011: I'm a little worried about Monday morning and trying to wake you up for school! Grandma says that you have been staying up late and sleeping late. Mary and I went to Wal-Mart today after work and called you on our way home. You actually spoke to me and told me that you wanted to go to Cracker Barrel (after you asked Grandma what the name of the restaurant with the brown barrel on the sign is). You mentioned the "Brown Barrel" on the way down to Florida and I had absolutely no idea what you were talking about. Anyways, you and Grandpa watched War Of The Worlds last night and Grandma said you watched it again this morning, never once leaving the room. Grandpa also rented you Titanic, but I'm not sure you had the chance to watch that one.

Friday, September 16, 2011: TYRUS COMES HOME TODAY!!!!!!! I have felt a little incomplete this week without my boy!! I called this morning, at 11:00, and you were just getting up! Grandma said that you and Grandpa stayed up late watching an old movie. She didn't know the name of it, but I'll ask Grandpa later. You wouldn't talk to me this morning because you had just woken up. Grandma was making you oatmeal with blueberries. She didn't know what time you and Grandpa were leaving. I just cannot wait to feel you in my arms.

No comments: