Monday, March 05, 2012

Dinner With Mom


Is it crazy that my Grandmother is one of my best friends?  Seriously, I feel so lucky to have her in my life and to have her close.  The fact that my babies love her just as much is just icing on the cake.  They always ask to call her or to go to her house.  We usually just go over to her house and hang out, but tonight we decided it was time to treat Mom to her favorite...IHOP!!

When we pulled into the parking lot the kids spotted her car immediately.  Tyrus took off running to her...



But then he said, "SIKE", and dashed around the car.  It's a little joke that they have...


Mary did disappoint though...




Mom got the best seat in the house right smack in between the turds...


We very rarely take the kids out to eat.  When we do we always take markers and paper to keep them busy.  Mom loves drawing so all three of them were happy...


When we go out I always get unsweet tea and then put one packet of Splenda in it.  Tyrus always gets a small sweet tea, but then insists on putting more sugar in it.  We go out so rarely that I just let him.  It's like a treat for him...


Ha!  Maybe too much sugar sweet boy...


Mary was showing off to Mom and showed her how she can write her name.  It's pretty good, huh?  She's going to be President one day...


Mom was showing her hot to write her "Y"...


I have no idea, but I'm guessing that Tyrus asked her a question that she had to think about...


I love the connection that these two have...



Tyrus showed Mom how he can not only spell Mom's name, but he can write it too without any help...



There she is!!...



Crazy story...when we were all celebrating the fact that Tyrus could spell and write Mom's name Mary was busy writing it too...ALL BY HERSELF.  She didn't ask how to spell it or how to write it.  No joke!  Just ask Mom, I think it made her life...


Mom, I know you are reading this...WE LOVE YOU THISSSSSSSSSS MUCH!!!!! :)

1 comment:

Shanna from BabySchrades said...

I hope I am as pretty as mom when I am her age!

love the president comment - made me laugh out loud : )