Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Hey Party Day

Mary Girl will be 3 on Thursday!! We celebrated with a "little" party on Sunday and invited all of her closest family and friends. This turned out to be about 50 people, but everyone that was here is like family so the entire thing was very relaxed and casual.
I need to say something about her party. Literally, she has been planning this party since her second birthday party. That party was very much like this party, but I had a little bit more fun with decorations and she had opinions too. She wanted all the glitz, all the pink, all the people, all the presents, the bouncy house, and she wanted everyone to know that this was all about her. It wasn't very hard to put it all together, it just took some time. But, after staying up late on Saturday night, when she saw everything on Sunday morning...the expression that she gave was priceless and it made everything well worth it. She definitely appreciated everything.

This was the dessert table. I made chocolate chip cookies, which every single one of them was eaten, strawberry cupcakes, and little goodies bags for the kids that just had jelly beans in them. This was like their favors, but they loved them...


I was sooooo proud of these cupcakes. They looked like little pink flowers...


When Mary and I were at the store buying decorations I showed her these pink cupcake liners that looked like pink flowers and she told me that she DID NOT like them. I thought she was crazy and when she wasn't looking I threw them in the cart. When she saw them on Sunday she loved them! Mama wins.
I went a little crazy with the paper pom poms, but they were so cheap and easy to make that I couldn't resist...



No comments: