Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I Need To Vent

I am so upset right now. I just feel defeated. I don't think I blogged about it, but several months ago someone walked up our driveway, in the middle of the night, and took stuff from Neil's truck. I can't explain how creepy it is to know that someone was on your property, in the dark, while we were asleep. What stopped them from coming inside? Are they watching us? Neil ended up getting his stuff back and the guys that did it were indicted by a Henry County Grand Jury. I feel like justice was done. The reason that I feel defeated is because it happened again 2 nights ago. Someone walked up our driveway in the darkness, opened up Neil's truck, and took his wallet. Please do not get me started on how stupid it was to leave his wallet in the truck. He has punished himself enough over it. It was very chaotic when he got home from work with the kids running out to greet him and the dog. He just simply forgot to grab it off the seat. He spent the entire yesterday changing account numbers, calling credit agencies, filing police reports, etc. The people that took his wallet went directly to a Quick Trip in Ellenwood and proceeded to charge more than $500 between our credit card and debit card. Thankfully, all that will come back to us. These people got away with it and it pisses me off so bad that I can't see straight. The creepy feeling that I felt when it happened the first time is back in full force. I didn't sleep well last night at all. Every sound woke me up. Every time Lulu moved or walked around I woke up because I think she heard them when they were out there the first time. I had thoughts running through my mind about the men that did this the first time. What if they came back? What if they are going to keep coming back? Finally, at 3:00 in the morning, I just got up. Neil heard me getting out of bed and he woke up. I don't think he slept good either. I told him that I felt weird and he got his gun and went downstairs to check it out. Everything was fine. Neither one of us could go back to sleep. Then, this morning, I stopped at the grocery store to get some water and a woman walked up to me and asked me for money so she could feed her kids. I really had to stop myself from going off on her. I wanted to so badly to tell her to go get a job. I wanted to tell her that I had to work 40 hours a week and I still struggle to buy groceries sometimes. She, on the other hand, gets to spend time with her kids and gets to survive off of other hard working mothers. I really wanted to say it to her face and let her know how pissed I was, but I didn't. I just shook my head and turned around and walked inside. I'm making myself feel better by thinking that maybe she was the devil just trying to get a reaction out of me.
Sorry, I just had to vent. This is my blog anyways.

No comments: