Thursday, August 25, 2011

Inside Scoop

A few months ago I received a phone call from one of my best friends, Melissa. She was calling to tell me that she got the job at Ebenezer in the preschool. I was so excited for her! Then she mentioned that if I were to put Mary in school that she would be her teacher. My ears perked up because Mary LOVES “Ms. Lalissa” and would probably go live with her forever if I let her. J I probably would not have even considered starting Mary in school so early until I heard this news. I knew that Mary would love seeing Melissa 3 days a week and I also knew that she would love school. I was right on both counts.

I am so lucky that Melissa is a friend that I can call anytime and get school updates. I called yesterday afternoon and Melissa said that Mary is doing great and that she knows all of her classmate’s names. This kind of threw me because just that morning I had asked Mary if she had made any friends in her class. Her response, ”uh huh, Thomas”. I told Melissa this and Melissa said that Thomas is always getting in trouble. So, I guess Mary hears his name a lot. J She also said that Mary is good friends with Addison and she is helping to teach Addison how to use the potty. When I asked Mary, last night, if she had a friend named Addison she said, “Uh huh! Addison and Mary Kate and…” and she continued to list a bunch of kids names.

This morning as I was helping Mary get dressed I asked her if she had learned any new songs and she started singing “Itsy Bitsy Spider”. This isn’t really a new song, but the dance moves surely are! She also knows her ABC song, but always leaves off “W, X, Y, & Z”. When she gets to that part she will start singing, “Now I know…” and I will jump in and say “W” and she finishes the song correctly.

Monday and Friday mornings are a bummer because Mary will always ask, “Mama, I go to school today?” and I have to tell her no. She really gets upset, poor baby. I hope she always enjoys school as much as she does now!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hehe. I love having her in our class but I think she has given up on Aden as her boyfriend. You need to ask her if she thinks Caleb is cute. They have been sticking together a lot. :) Oh and ask her to sing the Circle song.