Tuesday, July 26, 2011


We decided to take the boys to a sit down dinner on the second evening. We didn't leave the resort. There was restaurant that looked out over the water park. It really wasn't over priced either. The boys split a macaroni plate with french fries and apple sauce and Shan and I both had mushroom burgers. Delicious!


After dinner we headed back to the water park. This is where I am going to document the coolest thing that Tyrus had ever done. If someone had told me 2 years ago that Tyrus was going to do this I would have laughed in their face. Seriously, the kid used to scream and start shaking at just the thought of water. This actually happened on the first night, but I was too busy enjoying it and I didn't go get my camera.
There were several water slides there. One of the water slides consisted of four tubes that all ran side by side and was meant for racing. You walked up several flights of stairs and the laid on a mat and went down them head first. The beginning of the ride was pretty fast so that you could build up your speed for the straight away at the end. No fear Lucas didn't hesitate to do this. Tyrus did. I just excepted that he wasn't going to do this. I was used to it by this point. Shanna and Lucas left us in the wave pool to go and ride the ride. Tyrus and I were sitting there talking in the wave pool and he looked at me and said:

Tyrus: "Mama, I do want to go ride that ride."
Me: "Tyrus, no you don't."
Tyrus: "No, I do Mama."
Me: "Tyrus, I'm not going to walk up 10 flight of stairs carrying a mat just to turn around and walk back down 10 flights of stairs when you get scared at the top."
Tyrus: "Mama, I promise I won't get scared."
Me: sigh "Okay, let's go."

So, we went over and picked out our mats...


And then carried them up the stairs to the top of the slide. You can see the four slides in the picture below...


No comments: