Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Talking To Mom

Mary asks pretty much everyday if I will call Mom and let her talk to her. She's been doing this for months. Sometimes she asks at 8:00 in the morning and I have to tell her that we have to wait for Mom to get up. So, every time she calls her now the first thing she says is "Mom, you up?" Even if it's at 8:00 at night.


It is really cute to hear them talk. Mary has started speaking on the phone really well and Mom is starting to understand her more and more. I'm always close by so that I can translate, but lately when I've started to do so Mom will tell me that she understood what she said.


When I tell Mary to give Mom kisses and tell her night night she actually kisses the phone and pushes it to her face like she is giving Mom a hug. I love that my little girl loves Mom as much as I do and that she is getting the opportunity to know and love her Great Grandmother.

No comments: