Thursday, November 27, 2008

Well, I finally was able to come home yesterday after 6 days in the hospital. The Doctors decided that they could send me home with antibiotics to take by mouth instead of just sitting there getting them by IV. I have two different antibiotics to take for one week and I have Tylenol 3 for the pain. I mainly have to take the Tylenol for the headache that the antibiotic causes. My breast looks much better (sounds weird). The swelling has gone completely down and the most of the redness has faded. I am still not getting very much milk from it. I also still have a hard spot in the same location that the problem started. The Doctors think that once the antibiotics have been taken that it will go away. I have been instructed to just rest as much as possible and to continue nursing. I am really scared that it will come back. I feel like I can't relax due to the fear I will end up feeling so sick again. I can't describe how sick I was and how much pain I was in. It is funny to think that a boob can cause so much damage, but it really can.

It is REALLY strange to not be in the hospital anymore. I'll admit that I was a little sad to leave. I had the best nurses and they all had become mother figures to me. I was told that every morning they would fight over me because I was the nicest patient on the floor. I don't really understand why anyone would be rude or mean to their nurse. Anyways, yesterday I felt very vulnerable because I had been protected in my little room for 6 days. It is better today, but I am so tired that I don't think I'll be leaving the house for a while. I have two appointments next week and that is about it.

By the way, today is Thanksgiving. The gigantic Tingle Family Thanksgiving has been put on hold because of me. I feel really bad about that too, but Neil said it was a good thing because it gives everyone time to spend with their other family. That made me feel better. Neil and Ty went out this morning to play and they are going to pick something up for dinner.

So, that is the latest update. I am just going to rest, take my medicine, and sleep until I feel better. Thank God for Neil and my mother. Mama cut her trip to Vegas short to come and stay with us to help. I'll update as soon as anything exciting happens.
Happy Thanksgiving


Bobbie said...

I am so glad you are home. Neil was right. It's been a very long time since I was able to slow down and focus on just one family for the day. Since my favorite cousin was home from LaFayette, LA, I needed to spend some extra time with her. I've been keeping up with how you were feeling from Peyton. I should have come by during the week to visit. I work very close. I just kept thinking every day that you would be home by the end of the day and then each night I would hear that you were still there.
We can have a Thanksgiving dinner any day of the week. Right now, I think we are all mostly just thankful that you are getting better. Welcome home.

Brittain... said...

Yikes girl! That stinks! Glad you are home and better!