Saturday, April 21, 2012

Big Day For Mary Girl

Our sweet lady got to do something pretty special today.  Finally, after 3 1/2 years, it was time for the crib to come down...


I was stronger than I expected.  I think I was more excited about going shopping for a big girl bedspread than anything.  The kids were both a little sentimental about their first bed.  Tyrus couldn't resist taking one more climb...


Please disregard the underwear shot below, but I love his white thighs...


Then Mary wanted her turn, but she wanted Tyrus to stay in there with her.  These two are best friends lately...


Both my babies in the crib they shared.  I almost want to have another baby so they can sleep in it too.  ALMOST...


I don't remember what they were talking about, but it was very cute.  They LOVE each other so much...


Sweetest lady that is growing up way too fast...


This is where I almost cried.  I've taken this mattress out thousands of times, but never for the last time.  sniff sniff...


After we got the crib moved out of the room (Daddy has to take it apart) it was time to head to Target for some shopping.  Mary is so particular and knows exactly what she wants.  Good thing we have similar taste when it comes to stuff life this!  Clothes are a different story, but we'll work on that.  She picked out everything by herself.  "Mama, I want this ladybug bed and this pink flower piwwow."  I think she did a great job.  When we got home we pulled the mattresses that were in the playroom upstairs and set everything up...


She looks like a teenager...


A teenager that still likes to jump on the bed...



Tyrus was never too far away from the entire adventure.  He went to Target with us and then help us set everything up.  He also taught Mary how to properly jump on a bed...


Then the time came for our big girl to sleep in her bed for the first time.  I explained to her that when the sun came up that she didn't have to yell my name for me to come get her.  She could simply get up and walk down the hall to get Mama and Daddy.  I stressed that THE SUN HAD TO BE UP.  Tyrus told her that the morning monster would get her if she didn't wait until the sun was up.  Did I ever explain the morning monster?  Tyrus was famous for getting up in the middle of the night.  We created the morning monster and told him that it lived outside his door and would get him if he came out before the sun came up.  I know, we are terrible parents, but we are terrible parents that get rest.  It worked like a charm.  Now, Tyrus talks about the morning monster with admiration because he never got him and now he's a big boy so he can get up if he really needs Mama and Daddy.  Something tells me that the morning monster is no match for Mary though.  We shall see.  When we tucked her in she made it an entire 30 seconds before she walked out of her room asking for milk.  But, Neil got her milk and took her back to bed and sang her a song.  She snoozed right away...


I love this picture of me and my sweet girl.  Our kiss goodnight before she slept in her big girl bed for the first time.  She always says, "Mama, I love you even the stars."  That means she loves me more than the stars, but she changes it every night.  Sometimes it is, "Mama, I love you even my toothbrush."  I'll take what I can get...



"Are y'all really going to leave me in here?"...


Our Princess...



Sweet dreams sweetest girl.  I love you even the stars.

Once again, a first without Mom.  She was on my mind the whole day.  I miss her so much.  She would love experiencing this with Mary and us.  She probably would have been there or we would have gone by her house on the way home.  We did go by her house to see Uncle James and Grandpa, but that house will never be the same.  I hope these firsts get easier.

No comments: