Saturday, February 04, 2012

Mary's First Haircut

As much as I wanted to hold off this momentus first, it just couldn't be helped.  There were constant knots in the ends of her hair and me brushing it just resulted in screams.  I knew the time had come.  Mary was a little nervous on the way there.  She really didn't want to get her hair cut.  I think she thought it would hurt.  On the way there we had this conversation:

Me:  "Okay, whoever gets their haircut today gets a treat at the store after."
Mary looked at Tyrus and then looked back at me
Mary:  "Okay, I want Tyrus to get a treat."

When we did get there she was in a better mood and walked in willingly...



Before...


I originally wanted to get about 3 inches cut off, but I think Valerie knew that I would regret it.  She suggested just cutting an inch off and then coming back later for more.  She said that just an inch would make a huge improvement.  She was so right...


The moment of truth...the cutting of the rat tail...

No comments: