Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve 2011

A Co-Worker of mine asked me recently if I had a good Christmas.  I told that I had a wonderful one.  She then asked what I got for Christmas and I told her nothing really...just happy kids.  She doesn't have children yet, but I told her she would understand one day. :)
I thought that Christmas was magical when I was little, but there is nothing in the world compared to living it through your children.  Seeing the belief in their eyes and the excitement...nothing like it in the entire world.  It almost makes me want to have more kids just so it never ends.  Almost.
Here we are on Christmas Eve.  I usually buy the kids matching pajamas, but I was a total slacker this year.  I had to improvise and put them in Ty's pajamas.  He just happen to have two pairs of green frog pajamas and one of them was too small for him, but fit Mary perfectly.  I thought it worked out pretty good...


That day the kids and I made rice crispy treats and then decorated them with icing and sprinkles.  We also made brownies, chocolate covered raisins, and chocolate covered strawberries.  Tyrus was addicted to the strawberries.  see below as he ate his 47th of the night...


We also enjoyed a very holiday themed movie...Jaws.  We actually watched it all day.  It was a marathon.  Doesn't everyone watch Jaws on Christmas Eve?


We hadn't heard Santa's bells yet so we decided to sprinkle our reindeer food on the ground outside.  here are the babes getting ready to go out...

No comments: