Monday, August 01, 2011

First Day Report



I was pretty worthless at work today. For the last 5 years whenever Tyrus crossed my mind I could always pick up my phone, call his babysitter, and ask how he was doing. Today, he was on my mind all day, but I had to trust that he was okay. I made it until 4:20 and then I just had to go get my baby.
When I walked in the ladies at the front looked at my driver's license and then called the computer lab and told them to send Tyrus to the front. I was a little nervous. I didn't know if he would be happy or just exhausted and grouchy. When he came running around the corner with a HUGE smile on his face all of my worries just washed away. I don't think I've been more happier to see him. When he saw me he said, "Mama, I love it and I stayed on green all day!" Staying on green means he was well behaved all day.
When we got home he showed me all the projects that he worked on that day. He pulled out a little booklet and said, "Now Mama this might scare you, but remember it is onlya picture"...



This is a picture of Ms. Reagan. Tyrus drew her as a monster. I asked, "What did Ms. Reagan think about this?" and he said, "She thought it was funny!" Thank goodness.
He also drew a picture of his best friend "Walker"...



I love seeing his name written on his assignments...

No comments: