Friday, July 16, 2010

Date Night

You may be thinking that Neil and I got the opportunity to have a date night, but that is not the case. I was able to have a little date night with my other favorite little guy - Tyrus. Here is a conversation that we had two nights ago:
Ty: "Mama, you want to go on a date?"
Me: "Sure, where do you want to go?"
Ty: with his little head tilted to the side thinking..."We can go get an
icee and then go to Wal-mart and buy a tow truck!"

About a week ago the four of us were at home and I decided that I needed to run up to Kroger for a couple of things. I think Neil had to work all weekend and I was afraid that I wouldn't get a chance to go with the kids. Anyways, I asked Tyrus if he wanted to go with me and it could be a little date for us. We made it exciting and told him that we had to try and get out of the house without Mary seeing us. So we very covertly snuck out of the house and he was so excited when we made it to the van without Mary seeing us.

Back to last night

We snuck out of the house again with the plans of going to buy a birthday present for Emily. We have to go to her party on Sunday and I wanted to go ahead and mark that off my list. Tyrus decided that he wanted to eat at Taco Bell because he LOVES their Fruitistas (Mango flavored). He got a Mango Fruitista and an order of Nachos. I even made them put his order on his own tray. It was cute. He chose what table we sat at and then decided that table wasn't goo enough and chose another table (after we had sat down and started eating). We sat and ate and talked about everything from the stranger sitting next to us to whether or not Taco Bell is actually a bell and, if so, where the heck it is. I had a really hard time explaining to him that we were not sitting inside of a bell.

After dinner I told him that we were going to buy Emily a birthday present:
Ty: "Are we going to Wal-Mart?"
Me: "No, we are going somewhere better."
Ty: "Target?"
Me: "Nope. Better."
Ty: "Toys R Us?!?"
Me: "Yep!"
Ty: "What are you gonna get me?"
Me: "Well, we are not going for you. We're going to buy Emily a present."
Ty: "But you HAVE to get me something too."
Me: "Why is that?"
Ty: "Because you go to Toys R Us you have to buy me something too. Not just Emily."
Me: "Ty, you can't get a present every time we go into a store."
Ty: "Why?"

You get the picture.

When we got to Toys R Us he wanted to look at everything and he wanted me to buy him everything. I stood my ground and we walked out of the store with only a gift for Emily. He was thoroughly upset with me, but I was really proud that I stood my ground. There were a couple of items that I definitely could have gotten him because they only cost $5, but I wanted to make my point. What he didn't know was that the whole trip to Toys R Us was a test. Neil told him that if he went with me and was a good boy and didn't whine at all then he would get a surprise when he got home. The truth is, he did whine in Toys R Us. He just couldn't understand why I wouldn't buy him something. When we were on our way home he was being very quite in the back seat. Out of nowhere he said:

Ty: "Mama, are you gonna tell Daddy that I whined?"
Me: "Well, you didn't whine that much so I think you can still get a treat."

When we got home he ran inside the house and told Neil that he whined in Toys R Us - right after I told Neil that he didn't! Little stinker!

He still got a little surprise from Dada. :)

No comments: