Friday, November 30, 2007

Our Christmas Tree
We bought our Christmas tree last weekend. I love it! I think that it one of the prettiest Christmas trees that we have ever bought. Our entire house smells like Christmas!
I may be completely crazy, but I made Neil take individual pictures of all our ornaments. It is not as bad as it may seem. You see, we only have a handful of ornaments. Our tradition is to buy ONE new one a year. We put a lot of thought into what ornament best represents where we are at that particular Christmas. This year I'm thinking about buying an ornament that has wheels on it! I love doing this because I can walk buy the tree, see an ornament, and an entire memory comes back to me. Its like the tree is telling our life story. Yes, I am a complete dork, but I want to look back on this and remember what our tree looked like in the beginning.


2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey! We do kinda the same thing. We get a ornament on every trip we take each year.I just love looking back at all the trips we have taken. P.S. What a great hubby. He is always so thoughtfull. He can teach Josh that anytime he feels like it. Josh is great but doesn't put a lot of thought in gifts. Example- Our 1st Christmas engaged he gave me a mother and child necklace. He said it looked like a cat to him. Question is why would I want a cat necklace? I didn't have cats at the time. Got to love him.:)

Shanna from BabySchrades said...

Jenn, I LOVE this tradition! Maybe I'll copy you - what a great idea. I like the ornaments you have so far. My friend Kelly put a fence around her tree so Lily couldn't get to it...